Author Topic: Why no Stephenville vs Brownwood ?  (Read 8409 times)

Offline hat42

• Junior Varsity
Why no Stephenville vs Brownwood ?
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:49:30 PM »
?????????

Offline wishbone39

• Junior High
Re: Why no Stephenville vs Brownwood ?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 06:56:37 AM »
Coach Shipley knows the Lions can't beat the Jackets. Same with Abilene Wylie. I don't understand why these teams don't want to play up! Playing good teams just makes you better. BW, Wylie & Stephenville during regular season is a winner for all three schools. Play off match ups are never a sure bet. So, IMO...  BW & Wylie are just Chicken S_ _ _!

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 07:01:58 AM »
I'd hold on there wishbone. I am not going to disagree with you completely that the Route 66 doesn't have anything to do with it, but now that we are in the same classification as them, they don't want to play us for the same reason we weren't going to play Aledo had we stayed 4A. It is tough to beat a team twice especially if you meet early in the playoffs. There is a possibility we could play Bwood in the 1st round. We stopped playing WF Rider in non-district for the same reason a few years ago.

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 07:12:28 AM »
is there a deadline to have the schedule complete?

Offline wishbone39

• Junior High
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 07:19:24 AM »
I'd hold on there wishbone. I am not going to disagree with you completely that the Route 66 doesn't have anything to do with it, but now that we are in the same classification as them, they don't want to play us for the same reason we weren't going to play Aledo had we stayed 4A. It is tough to beat a team twice especially if you meet early in the playoffs. There is a possibility we could play Bwood in the 1st round. We stopped playing WF Rider in non-district for the same reason a few years ago.

I wasn't aware of our coaches logic and decisions not to play Rider & Aledo for the reasons you stated. To be the best you have to beat the best no matter when you line up and play. IMO .. Aledo, Everman and Rider are programs that will make you better. Just saying... ! Stephenville has never shied away from playing up. Our 3A District line up is not very challenging. And.. we have to go all the way to Snyder to play a team ( Amarillo) that will kick our butts .. if we're not ready to play. That's the way I like it!

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 07:27:45 AM »
is there a deadline to have the schedule complete?

Not really but they generally have them finalized in just a couple of days.

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 07:32:39 AM »
What was Celina's reason for not wanting to play? 

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 07:49:30 AM »
What was Celina's reason for not wanting to play?

IMO it was b/c they didn't want the chance of getting their butt handed to them but publicly they said they wanted try and find a closer game.

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 08:00:44 AM »
That's dissapointing.  I had always thought it would be interesting to play them if we were in the same classification. 

Offline HTIGFAN

• Freshman
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »
Brownwood will likely be down for a couple of years.  Goldthwaite JV ( 1A ) beat brownwood JV ( 3A ) by a couple of TDS this year.  Stephenville & Brownwood games would not be close again for a while.

Offline BEAST

• Junior High
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 03:10:31 PM »
This upcoming season we will be young.  However, we have talent coming up.  All the talk about somebodys JV beating ours or whatever is stupid.  Our best players are on Varsity.  Hey Wishbone, does 49-16 ring a bell?  It couldve been worse by the way.

BEAST

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »
Hey beast, does Jackson shipley ring a bell.  that's the only reason yall even scored.

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 03:17:53 PM »
Love it, Bwood-Sville smack in February.

66-0

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 03:28:39 PM »
and do you really think that goldthwaite doesn't have their best players on varsity?  They're a 1A school!!! Truth is every size school puts the best players on varsity....that's what makes it.....the varsity. 

Offline BEAST

• Junior High
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 03:30:38 PM »
Hey beast, does Jackson shipley ring a bell.  that's the only reason yall even scored.

Ive never heard of Jackson Shipley.  Now Jaxon on the other hand, yes it does.  It was amazing watching him block yalls defense, throw to himself, then catch it.  He also did a great job single handidly holding yalls O to 16 points. 

BEAST