Author Topic: UIL Realignment Numbers  (Read 4690 times)

Offline Jacketvet91

• Junior High
UIL Realignment Numbers
« on: January 29, 2012, 07:41:34 PM »
What media outlets will be covering the UIL on Thursday when they reveal the numbers. I thought I read something awhile back about KSTV broadcasting live?

Offline HTIGFAN

• Freshman
Re: UIL Realignment Numbers
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »
TV - Fox Sports SW

Radio - 93.1 KSTV

Internet broadcast - theoldcoach.rivals.com  will start broadcasting at 8:30 AM

Jan 31rst  theoldcoach.rival.com will do a pre UIL Realignment broadcast at 8:00 PM

Here is a link
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/  You may have to go to the messageboard for a link
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 08:48:56 PM by HTIGFAN »

Offline HTIGFAN

• Freshman
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 08:51:06 PM »
By the way Fort Worth Dunbar has opted up to stay 4A regardless of enrollment numbers.  So mark them off as a possible district opponent.

Source: UIL website, they have posted all schools who have opted up .

Offline Jacketvet91

• Junior High
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 08:54:07 PM »
Thank you for the Info. Exciting time for the jackets.

Offline RadioBoots

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 10:37:09 PM »
KSTV is happy to be broadcasting from the Birdville Fine Arts and Athletic Complex this Thursday morning where the majority of Metroplex coaches will be gathered to receive the results and finalize their schedules. We'll have updates as soon as the numbers are released and interview Gillespie about the new schedule.

A side note; talking with Sville administrators last week, the enrollment of Sville High School is now down to 984. Regardless of what class Sville is put in on Thursday, we no longer have 4A numbers.

Offline dawg daddy

• All-State
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 10:38:36 PM »
"I COULD BEAT UP MY LIL BROTHER TOO!!!!!!" & "Big Un's profile pic is stupid!!!"

Offline Jacketvet91

• Junior High
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 01:06:01 PM »
Wow. This 3A business may be more of a reality than anticipated. Looking forward to finally see our destiny or fate as some would see it.

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 01:30:48 PM »
Any aledo folks have any insight to Buchanan's thought process about playing s'ville if we drop to 3A. just curious. i know some coaches don't mind playing down a division and then some coaches do.

Offline aledofanalso

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 06:00:07 PM »
The Jackets are a class organization and there would be no stigma in playing them even though they are 3A.  I think that the Jackets will be favored this next year if we play because of your excellant returning skill players and the graduation of 10 of our starting offensive players plus all of the down linemen on defense. 
However, there are still some folks who are unhappy that the Jackets would not drive through Aledo to play a playoff game.  Many arrived and sat in the rain 2+ hours early to get a seat in a venue too small for this game.  This decision also cost each of our programs real money.  Otherwise, 3A or 4A, it would be a great game.

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »
I don't completely understand not playing in aledo either.....well i do, but it just didn't make logical sense.  the weather would have sucked either way though. 

i didn't realize yall were losing that many starters. 

Offline AtownBcat

• Varsity
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 09:11:47 PM »
When we first moved up to 4A we played abilene wylie for a couple years. So I know coach B will play down.

Also I believe we will have the exact oppsite problem that we had last year. Our D should start the season off strong but our O will take a few weeks to get rolling. I do believe the QB who has moved in will be a huge addition to the O because Davis will stay at receiver(#8) and frisinger who played a ton on O at fullback will also be back.

Boots, since you had a sa good drop in enrollment will the UIL let you adjust the number or are you stuck with the 999?

Offline Matt_Stepp

• Freshman
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 10:36:32 PM »

Offline blueduck

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »
our skilled positions players just got a lot better with half of the JV basketball players coming back out for football. they will make a big impact.

Offline HTIGFAN

• Freshman
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 12:40:39 PM »
Padilla just tweeted:

Could it be, hearing that 3A will have 190 teams with an enrollment range of 435-989!

You can follow Padilla's twitter account at; 

Padillapoll

Offline jackethoss

• Freshman
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 03:13:37 PM »
our skilled positions players just got a lot better with half of the JV basketball players coming back out for football. they will make a big impact.

2 maybe 3 is what I was told?