Author Topic: Aledo vs Jackets  (Read 22480 times)

Offline fatboy63

• Junior Varsity
Aledo vs Jackets
« on: September 01, 2013, 12:16:26 AM »
Aledo has best be ready for a 3A team that can stand their own against a 4A power.

Offline aledofanalso

• Junior Varsity
Re: Aledo vs Jackets
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 12:44:58 AM »
I have great respect for the Jackets and they always play us great even when we have had a better team.  This is the first time that I think it will not be close.  We have speed, and toughness, and depth, and great coaching.  This is the first year that the season does not ride on the health or performance of one or two players.
If you win or this game is even close, your guys will deserve a lot of credit.  The Jackets won last year because they had a better team.  This Bearcat team is way better than last year.  You graduated some exceptional players.  I think it may take a while before your young guys catch up to that level.

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 01:24:19 AM »
Sville did not have a better team last year.  They lost because they got out coached and out played.  That's usually the way it works when two evenly matched teams go at it.  They ran into a buzz saw and weren't up to the task.  The most impressive thing about Sville was how they regrouped after that embarrassment against Mexico.  Coaching genius.

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 01:33:04 AM »
Both teams are starting out with some inexperienced kids on O but Aledo's D is better that last year.  Aledo's speed is much better than last year (especially if Anders plays).  The speed and D will be the difference.  Aledo by two maybe three TDs

Offline hat42

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 11:32:23 AM »
Boys I am not saying a word about if I think Aledo is better. I have seen a Jacket team or two beat the Bearcats when I thought we had the better team and once or twice  when it was the other way around .It is two early to say one is better than the other. We will have a better idea after next week or maybe five or six weeks down the road. Talent helps you win but great coaching wins a lot of times too. Look at Kansas St and Snyder when year after year he beats teams with better material.

Offline Smitty

• MVP
  • Varsity
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 01:27:46 PM »
This a really good rivalry game and I will be there rooting for the Jackets, but it is not a Championship game.  Would both teams love to win this game..Absolutely! I can't make any comments concerning Aledo's strengths or weaknesses because I have not seen their team this year.  The Jackets on the other hand I have seen, and they are a young talented team that needs to find itself.  The defense is very good, very quick and are able to shut down most offenses.  The offense has the talent, but the skilled positions are all young and need to find their game. Not sure if it was first game jitters against Monterrey or the pressure the Mexicans were bringing, but the quarterback never looked comfortable. He was long on passes, then short on passes to receivers that were wide open.  Some of the passes that were on the money were dropped.  I'm sure coach G will be working on these areas this week.  Like I said, the talent is there....the team needs to bring it all together.

I can't imagine this game not being like all the Aledo/Stephenville matchups........EXCITING!

My hopes for this game are both teams come out of this healthy and ready for the next step!
Obey all flashing signal lights and stay off the tracks......The Stephenville Pain Train is Rolling!

Offline defense51

• Junior High
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 04:51:10 PM »
Where is the game being played?

Offline ToddG

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 05:42:25 PM »
Where is the game being played?

It's in Aledo.. I'm planning on going.. The wife likes to watch her alma mater at least on e a year..

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 03:39:23 PM »
Het Cody when you gonna start the clock;  Tick Tock, Tick Tock

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 08:12:51 PM »
TICK TOCk Bearkitties the Jackets are bringing the same can of whoop @$$ they brought last year!

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 09:35:53 PM »
You talkin bout the same can you opened up on the Mexicos that was good for three points in the second half.  I'm sure coach G will have them ready but just not up to the task.  The whippin they put on you last kinda lulled the kittycats to sleep.  Not so this year.

Offline fatboy63

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 11:01:11 PM »
Jackets are better than last year. That Mexico team had an o line that averaged 260. They had a tremendous defense that rushed 6 everydown. They will put H P Scotts on their behinds. Jackets will prevaile.

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 11:48:53 PM »
Jackets are better than last year. That Mexico team had an o line that averaged 260. They had a tremendous defense that rushed 6 everydown. They will put H P Scotts on their behinds. Jackets will prevaile.

I can give you at least eight reasons why the Jackets aren't better than they were last year.  Tyler Jones, Alex Sanchez, Witt Westbrook, Preston Brown, Chase Varnado, Kody Hook, Bryan Manley, and Brice Gunter.  They also lose maybe their best receiver in Stidham.  Mexico's O line may be big but big don't mean good.  You telling me they rushed 6 every down and Gillespie had no answer?  Aledo will rush 7 every down and shut you down.  HP will take care of the Mexicos.  I wonder how many points last years Jackets could have put on this years Mexicos.

Offline jason

• Varsity
    • Stephenville Computers
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 08:46:29 AM »
  Aledo by two maybe three TDs

ugh. agreed.
in my opinion...
stephenville not ready quite ready offensively (skill positions anyone?)
also seem to have trouble stopping the run.

Offline refereedoc

• MVP
  • Varsity
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 09:11:24 AM »
It wasn't the skills positions the second half, it was play selection and no adjustments. Coach Watkins leaving IMO has hurt our play calling ability so far.