Author Topic: Encouragement / 2012 Season  (Read 8254 times)

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
Encouragement / 2012 Season
« on: December 10, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »
Post your thoughts here. Could be general team thoughts, or directed at a player or coach.  Let the Jackets know we are behind them no matter what.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:26:18 PM by Ville-D »

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
Re: Encouragement
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 11:14:31 AM »
I'll start it off...

Tyler Jones - He was a SPARD track coach over the summer and my son and I got to know him.  My sons really look up to him and it is awesome the way he always takes time to talk to the younger kids.  -- And he is a great leader on the field too- Stephenville's own version of "Johnny Football."

Thanks Tyler.

Offline Old 76

• All-State
Re: Encouragement / 2012 Season
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 04:07:07 PM »
To the players and coaches I'd like to say, you young men have the opportunity to join an elite fraternity of past Yellow Jacket State Champions and have your names forever enshrine in that fraternity.  This team and these players will become part of the great Stephenville Yellow Jacket folklore for eternity.  The next chapter in the mystique of a football team that is know nationwide and been the subject of sports TV specials. Through your hard work and superb performance you have earned this opportunity to represent your school, your community, your team, and yourself. Prepare yourself physically and mentally and go on the biggest stage of the football world and finish the job.  Your friends and fans from Aledo will be there to cheer you on.

Offline Smitty

• MVP
  • Varsity
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 05:32:14 PM »
I'm proud to be a Texan, I'm proud to be from Stephenville and I'm VERY proud to be a Yellowjacket alumn and Huge fan.  Take it all the way boys we will be there supporting you!
Obey all flashing signal lights and stay off the tracks......The Stephenville Pain Train is Rolling!

Offline YJB Dad

• Junior High
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 09:30:40 PM »
To the players and coaches I'd like to say, you young men have the opportunity to join an elite fraternity of past Yellow Jacket State Champions and have your names forever enshrine in that fraternity.  This team and these players will become part of the great Stephenville Yellow Jacket folklore for eternity.  The next chapter in the mystique of a football team that is know nationwide and been the subject of sports TV specials. Through your hard work and superb performance you have earned this opportunity to represent your school, your community, your team, and yourself. Prepare yourself physically and mentally and go on the biggest stage of the football world and finish the job.  Your friends and fans from Aledo will be there to cheer you on.

Old 76 - I  very seldom commit on here but I am always reading what you guys put on here. But I have to say that this shows a lot of class by you sir! Thank you and see you at the game.

Offline Jacket 06

• Junior High
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 10:01:22 PM »
Thanks for that old76 I even read that one to my son. He will be playing Friday night and he liked that a lot! Thank you for being a high school football fan.  I sure wish some of these other people could understand the bigger picture here. I believe you do, and thanks again!

Offline Guido

• Junior High
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »
No one has been on you worse than me...well done sir.  I have a completely different level of respect for you.

Thank you.

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 12:53:53 AM »
Kind words are always appreciated, thanks.  My passion for HS football seems to grow stronger as I grow older.  My respect for teams like the Yellow Jackets is indescribable.  Teams that pour their heart into the game and know how to win with class and just as important how to handle a loss with dignity when occurs.  And fans that will fight you at the drop of a hat or extend a warm welcome to you if you show up for a game to root for their team.  My dad taught me these things in the 50's while watching the Breckenridge Buckaroos, the Wichita Falls Coyotes, the Abilene Eagles win State Championships.  Those guys were my heroes  Then in the sixties I played for my Albany Lions and we won back to back State Championships.  Some of you old Jacket State Champs let these young men know how important this time is and that it will stay with them for the rest of their lives.  These boys are my heroes today because they fuel my passion just like those old teams.  They can reach out and touch #5 right now.

Offline Exranger

• Junior High
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 01:42:33 AM »
I would encourage the players to enjoy this. Most kids never get a chance like this, have fun, and remember don't let the hype surrounding the game change how you prepare. It all still comes down to playing the game. Execute,execute, and execute. 

Offline Acat123

• Varsity
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 10:19:16 AM »
Jackets, great season, now finish like champions and get # 5!!!!!  Everyone be safe and enjoy this very special time for your entire community.  GO JACKETS!!!!!   Your friends from ALEDO are pulling for you.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:21:34 AM by Acat123 »

Offline hsfootball

• Varsity
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 01:09:36 PM »
I've known several of these young men since they were toddlers! I'm proud to see them work so hard and succeed towards their goals. It is a special opportunity that is rare for most young men and women to be able to play for a State Championship. Enjoy each moment, embrace the challenge ahead, and exceed your expectations as Champions not just on the field, but off the field as well through character and ethics!

#5 is there for the taking... Now go out and take it!

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 02:09:42 PM »
My only regret from playing in the 1999 state game was that i got so caught up in the atmosphere, the hype, etc that the whole game seemed to go by in a blur.  I remember scoring and a handfull of other plays, but other than that it seems like a dream that i just can't remember that well.  With that being said my message is this....I hope you guys remember that your job in this game is the same as it has been in every other game.  So get excited, but stay focused on the task at hand and soak it all in.  Hope this is one you guys remember forever.

Offline jmsr

• Junior High
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »
Old76 and ACat,  truly "Great" Rivalries are fueled by honor and respect on and off the field of battle!  Stephenville/Aledo has both!  Classacts in Aledo! Now,  for the encouragement !!! Although i am not "from" The Ville....I got here as fast as I could so I could watch the Jackets!  Brice Gunter and Tyler Jones your talents amaze me!  watching you 2 young men is absolutely elctrifying!  Sanchez you are an animal and I wait every game for the time you might lower the boom!  Westbrook is a workhorse on both sides of the ball! Stidham the best is yet to come!  Wardogs,   Tie it on,  hit everyone like someone just hit your momma with a 2x4!  everyone of these young men any person in this town would be proud to call a son!  i know i would!  Some little men coming up think ya"ll are super heros!!!!  Show them the way!!!!     I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!   
  Thank you young men for an incredible season!  I have enjoyed every minute of it !   Lets Finish IT!!!!!!

Offline honeybeemom

• Junior High
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 04:20:24 PM »
Wow, reading the above posts brings tears to my eyes.  Great respect to our Aledo Fans, this is such a great rivalry and so pleased to see all of the encouraging words from those fans.

To the Yellow Jackets, let's finish this quest.  We are all very proud of you all.  I'm so proud to be from Stephenville.  The whole town is behind you and praying and rooting for #5. 

I Believe That We Will Win!!

Go Jackets!!!

Offline fatboy63

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 01:54:41 AM »
Back in early 60's the Jackets were proud to win a game. Now we are in 2012 and we are ready to win a 5th State Championship. Concentrate and believe we will win. Go Jackets!!!!