Poll

Who Wins?

Stephenville Yellow Jackets
 44 (95.7%)
El Campo Ricebirds
 2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: December 15, 2012, 12:19:02 AM

Author Topic: 3A-D1 SC: Stephenville Yellow Jackets (12-1) Vs. El Campo Ricebirds (14-0)  (Read 14765 times)

Offline fatboy63

• Junior Varsity
It is my understanding that the Ricebirds have 3 RBs with over 1,000 yards. They nearly exclusively run and run the football. Jackets gave up nearly 400 yards rushing to the Kilgore Bulldogs. Jackets best be ready for another test Fri night at Jerry's World. Go Jackets!!!

Offline Old 76

• All-State
Re: 3A-D1 SC: Stephenville Yellow Jackets (12-1) Vs. El Campo Ricebirds (14-0)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 01:40:08 PM »
Jackets just need to avoid the trap of a let down that sometimes follows a big win and that was a big win last night.  Kilgore introduced them self to the Jackets with some good old fashion smash mouth football.  Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to get beat by Ricebirds!

Offline hsfootball

• Varsity
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 02:03:38 PM »
Kilgore ran the ball well but lets not forget that they could pass the ball pretty effectively.

This week will be a different animal. Carthage had tons of mistakes and only lost in the end. El Campo is a great team but they are more one dimensional. They hardly throw the ball unlike Kilgore who could.

My prediction is that Stephenville will be too much again. El Campo was exposed against the pass last night and Carthage just didn't execute. Now having said that, it's going to take another great performance by the Jacket D to keep El Campo from playing keep away from the Jacket O.

The Ville is in the finals and I expect the best performance of the year from this group! Stephenville is 4-0 in the State Finals! Bring home #5! It's about time!

Offline hightechfarmer

• Junior High
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 02:24:33 PM »
Retracted previous post.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:29:53 PM by hightechfarmer »

Offline ToddG

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 04:31:18 PM »
Jackets just need to avoid the trap of a let down that sometimes follows a big win and that was a big win last night.  Kilgore introduced them self to the Jackets with some good old fashion smash mouth football.  Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to get beat by Ricebirds!

the ricebird is a pretty ornary bird..second cousin twice removed to the chicken hawk...diet consist of, among other things, yellowjackets

Offline Smitty

• MVP
  • Varsity
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 06:48:51 PM »
the ricebird is a pretty ornary bird..second cousin twice removed to the chicken hawk...diet consist of, among other things, yellowjackets

Now ToddG, you know thats an old indian wives tale!
Actually the Ricebird has a severe and sometimes deadly reaction to the Sting of a Yellowjacket, this is why the Ricebirds usually stay south of I-10 to avoid the highly potent Sting of the Rare Stephenville Yellowjacket.
Obey all flashing signal lights and stay off the tracks......The Stephenville Pain Train is Rolling!

Offline 84dive

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 09:08:25 PM »
The only way sville loses this game is if they wear those"win5" jerseys........Not happening folks. But I wouldnt mind if yall wore em next August..

Offline Jacketvet91

• Junior High
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 01:28:59 AM »
I would love to see them show up at Jerrys world with those  ratty jerseys proud on their backs. Hell yes!!!! Great to see my home town back where they need to be. Yellow Jackeys roll 29-15.

Offline fatboy63

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 02:32:57 AM »
Jackets will show great defense on the run and the Birds will not be able to defense the Jackets attack!!!!

Offline ordinarydude14

• Junior High
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 03:37:33 PM »
Man I'm from Kilgore and I'll definitely be there to see those Yellow jackets take down some RiceBirds ! I'm still salty about y'all winning but Kudos to y'all ! Y'all offense is unstoppable and its going to light up the scoreboard tremendously against El Campo ! Stephenville takes this in a big one ! At least by 3Td's !

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »
The Jello Jackets won the 3-A DI SC the night they beat Aledo in week one after they'd lost to Mexico High in week zero.  In that one short week Coach G explained to them how they should play for the remainder of the season.  Kilgore saw a little of it Friday night.

Offline Starlinmarlin

• Junior High
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 10:33:48 PM »
EC will be in Dallas in full force. We will bring the whole town and expect to see a classic "Friday Night Lights" battle. From what I have heard ya'll have a very good football team led by a very talented QB. I believe the birds will be up for the challenge. I Pray for safe travels for both teams and their fans and wish both teams well but hope the Birds come out on top. Go Big Red!

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 12:21:49 AM »
EC will be in Dallas in full force. We will bring the whole town and expect to see a classic "Friday Night Lights" battle. From what I have heard ya'll have a very good football team led by a very talented QB. I believe the birds will be up for the challenge. I Pray for safe travels for both teams and their fans and wish both teams well but hope the Birds come out on top. Go Big Red!

Welcome to the board.  Good luck to your boys.  Stay healthy and safe travels.  Is it Friday yet?

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 10:49:19 AM »
The Wardogs have their hands full. EC is very good on offense. Their run D is good but I believe the Jackets will be able to exploit their secondary.

Offline hsfootball

• Varsity
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 11:27:24 AM »
It will be interesting to see what adjustments the coaches make to counter El Campo's running attack. Do they stack 9 in the box? Maybe a similar D set up as we saw against Kennedale? Stephenville will be able to have another great night offensively. Just a stop or 4 on defense and this could be a long night for El Campo.