0 (0%)
Jackets in a Close One
 2 (6.7%)
Tigers in a Blowout
 1 (3.3%)
Jackets in a Blowout
 27 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Glen Rose (6-0, 0-0) @ Stephenville (4-1, 0-0)  (Read 14962 times)

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
Re: Glen Rose (6-0, 0-0) @ Stephenville (4-1, 0-0)
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 10:06:44 AM »

Offline Jacket 06

• Junior High
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »
Hey! I just heard from a guy that works at that Squaw Hills or whatever they call it. Said he was having problems with the Glen Rose football players this morning running across his pasture-pool playing area. He found them all jumping in that creek on the ninth hole. Some of them players wanted to just get away from them YELLOW JACKETS cause coaches told them they were starting to swarm. The other fellows said they just wanted to know the golf coaches name.

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 01:33:57 PM »
Hey! I just heard from a guy that works at that Squaw Hills or whatever they call it. Said he was having problems with the Glen Rose football players this morning running across his pasture-pool playing area. He found them all jumping in that creek on the ninth hole. Some of them players wanted to just get away from them YELLOW JACKETS cause coaches told them they were starting to swarm. The other fellows said they just wanted to know the golf coaches name.

Sometimes when those Jackets start swarming, the only thing you can do is take it like a man and try to endure the pain.  It only hurts for a little while.

Offline Jacket 06

• Junior High
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 02:43:25 PM »
Just had a guy from GR tell me he was bringing several boxes of tissues! I guess that's so he can twist"em up and use "em for ear plugs. You know, it's bad if you get stung down in your ear, and those cans will be some-kinda loud. Seems like as many people there is working out at that plant they could get the ole" boy some earplugs.

Offline supersquirrel

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 10:03:40 AM »
Since it is dead in here on game day... I thought I would ask a question.

Has Stephenville played a team that as the ability to move the ball thru the air like Glen Rose?

In the Aledo game,  Aledo's QB missed some open guys and there were a few drops. (2pt conversion) I thought if a few of those were completed, it would have made for a closer game.

In the MT game, their QB IMO picked apart the Ville's D. 

In the other 3 games, the teams had no passing attack and Mookie was able to help out a lot in the run game.

I was just wonder what you guys thought.

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 10:29:27 AM »
No.  This will be the best passing attack we have faced so far.  I still think we will win comfortably, but don't be shocked if GR puts up some serious yards.

Offline supersquirrel

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 11:14:53 AM »
No.  This will be the best passing attack we have faced so far.  I still think we will win comfortably, but don't be shocked if GR puts up some serious yards.

I know that the Yellowjackets are a different team since they recovered from what someone called the "mexican flu"  But if you look at the only loss Stephenville has was against a team that could throw and catch well.  And you are saying that this team is better at it then MT?  It makes me believe that this wont be the blowout that a lot of people say it will be.  Maybe more of a 48-42 game...

Is the Ville D-line going to be able to get pressure to disrupt the passing game?
Will the guys in the box be able to stop the run on their own?
Just some questions I had...

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 12:58:57 PM »
I know that the Yellowjackets are a different team since they recovered from what someone called the "mexican flu"  But if you look at the only loss Stephenville has was against a team that could throw and catch well.  And you are saying that this team is better at it then MT?  It makes me believe that this wont be the blowout that a lot of people say it will be.  Maybe more of a 48-42 game...

Is the Ville D-line going to be able to get pressure to disrupt the passing game?
Will the guys in the box be able to stop the run on their own?
Just some questions I had...

I think it'll be more like 48-24 ville

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 01:14:42 PM »
Look for stidham and gunter to play a little more in the secondary tonight.  I think the biggest difference will be our athletic ability eventually overwhelming them.  You never know though....a few crazy turnovers, an injury (God forbid) and anything can happen, but that's why they play the game.  I'll agree with the points spread that ville-D posted.  A shutout against this team would be big for our defense.

Offline aledofanalso

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2012, 05:52:08 PM »
You have all got to be kidding!  This is men vs boys.  The Jackets will score all they want.

Offline hendo

• Freshman
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 06:04:43 PM »
You have all got to be kidding!  This is men vs boys.  The Jackets will score all they want.

I dont agree with many aledo fans but I will agree with you here. I dont care how good Glen Rose thinks they are or how athletic they are. The fact is, there is no way they can match the level of play that Stephenville plays at. And there is nothing the coaches can do to get their players to that level. Not just physical but the level of intensity aswell. Stephenville is a team who last year were playing large 5A schools and top notch 4A schools, and we already know the level of competition we have played this year. Glen Rose flat out lacks the experience needed to bring that kind of intensity to the field. Stephenville blows them out tonight, and next week too. POW!!!
GO JACKETS!!!!

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 11:21:13 PM »
I kept trying to tell yall that Glen Rose was good especially on offense. They gave the Jackets all they wanted tonight.

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 11:46:26 PM »
I think it'll be more like 48-24 ville

Pretty close...

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 11:52:25 PM »

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012, 11:56:51 PM »
49-28 closer  :P

Sorry, it is "closest without going over"  That missed PAT cost you. Sorry you busted...   >:D