Poll

Who wins?

Stephenville
 25 (83.3%)
Amarillo
 5 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: September 28, 2012, 09:44:17 PM

Author Topic: Stephenville (3-1) vs. Amarillo High (3-1)  (Read 17637 times)

Offline ToddG

• Junior Varsity
Re: Stephenville (3-1) vs. Amarillo High (3-1)
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 01:02:20 PM »
hey you folks drive safe tomorrow, it will be raining all day so be careful

Offline aledofanalso

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 01:05:20 PM »
I think that you have underestimated the Sandies.  They had a good win against Frenship and a 9 point loss to Rider.  I think that the Jackets will win but that it will be closer than you all are expecting.

Offline jason

• Varsity
    • Stephenville Computers
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 01:28:50 PM »
I think that you have underestimated the Sandies.  They had a good win against Frenship and a 9 point loss to Rider.  I think that the Jackets will win but that it will be closer than you all are expecting.

not everybody from stephenville thinks it will be easy - amarillo is good, they are giving up less than 100 yds passing per game, stephenville will have to establish a running game and hope they can get amarillo to bite on play action...

score should be in the 31-24 range, with either team having a chance to win....

Offline Smitty

• MVP
  • Varsity
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 05:02:48 PM »
The Jackets passing game will be tested in the rainy conditions forecasted for the game.  It's a little scary in my thoughts if the Jackets have to rely on the run game in this battle.  If it's not raining I give the win to the Jackets 27 - 17, but if its raining.....this could be a tight one with the edge going to amarillo.
Obey all flashing signal lights and stay off the tracks......The Stephenville Pain Train is Rolling!

Offline MadMax87

• Freshman
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 05:40:06 PM »

Lol! Really?! I don't think you could be farther from the truth even if you tried. There is absolutely no doubt about how good Amarillo is. The Jackets will have their hands full on both sides of the ball. But.....so will Amarillo. As I stated in a previous post---it will be a classic smashmouth football game. Probably a slobberknocker at that. I just don't think Amarillo can stop the Juggernaut that Stephenville is. Am I biased? You know it!!
Now, with all that said---it must be boring in Aledo right now huh? They just had an open week. Now they are about to start a pathetically weak (at least weak relative to Aledo anyways) district schedule. So...you come over here to our website trying to stir us up. What's new? I must say, it is you who committed the underestimation. And not so long ago huh? Now move on to your own opponents or perhaps you would like to underestimate again this season?

Offline MadMax87

• Freshman
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 04:22:37 PM »
Way to go Jackets!!! HUGE WIN!!! HUGE!! HUGE!!! HUGE!!!!

Offline MadMax87

• Freshman
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2012, 04:24:18 PM »

O yeah Aledofan----HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 04:44:39 PM »
Great job jackets!! Happy to see Witt have a big game!! Can't wait to talk some trash to my brother in law (former sandie QB in the 90's).

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
Lol! Really?! I don't think you could be farther from the truth even if you tried. There is absolutely no doubt about how good Amarillo is. The Jackets will have their hands full on both sides of the ball. But.....so will Amarillo. As I stated in a previous post---it will be a classic smashmouth football game. Probably a slobberknocker at that. I just don't think Amarillo can stop the Juggernaut that Stephenville is. Am I biased? You know it!!
Now, with all that said---it must be boring in Aledo right now huh? They just had an open week. Now they are about to start a pathetically weak (at least weak relative to Aledo anyways) district schedule. So...you come over here to our website trying to stir us up. What's new? I must say, it is you who committed the underestimation. And not so long ago huh? Now move on to your own opponents or perhaps you would like to underestimate again this season?

I don't suppose it ever occured to you that the Jackets have quite a few fans from Aledo?  Thought not.  BTW this not "OUR" website, it's Cody's and he has invited Aledo fans to post here multiple times.  Now if you want to feel some ownership in this site you might consider making a donation to syj.com.  Looking at the list of members that have donated I see several from Aledo but no MadMax87!  Oh, and don't worry too much about Aledo, they'll be just fine especially since they won't have to worry about Sville in the playoffs for the first time in years.

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2012, 05:20:15 PM »
As I've said, I don't see anybody beating the Jackets baring injury and as long as they keep playing like they did against Aledo and I feel stronger about that prediction every week.  They are really putting things together at the right time and getting stronger every week thanks to Coach G and his staff.  Let's see, three 4A teams, two of which were top 10 ranked, and the #2 3A team.  Not too shabby.  December 14th?  Isn't that what they said?  And here's to Boots and the boys for the best radio broadcast since Kern Tipps. ;D

Offline MadMax87

• Freshman
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2012, 05:33:36 PM »
I don't suppose it ever occured to you that the Jackets have quite a few fans from Aledo?  Thought not.  BTW this not "OUR" website, it's Cody's and he has invited Aledo fans to post here multiple times.  Now if you want to feel some ownership in this site you might consider making a donation to syj.com.  Looking at the list of members that have donated I see several from Aledo but no MadMax87!  Oh, and don't worry too much about Aledo, they'll be just fine especially since they won't have to worry about Sville in the playoffs for the first time in years.

Snoring..............mmph...wha? O SNAP!! Grab the line!! Pull! Reel! Pull! Reel! Pull! Reel!
And another one in the bag!! "Our" website as in what Cody developed it for: the enjoyment of STEPHENVILLE football!! And yes, I can totally understand Jacket fans living in Aledo. Of course, there are Jacket fans living there. Hello?!We are better! PERIOD!! Oh and go check your numbers whoever you are because I'm a large financial supporter--in the booster club! As if money is supposed to determine your level as a fan of this site or the Jackets/Honeybees. That's pretty disgusting if that is the way you think. And for the record, I never told anyone to leave this site. My reference was to pay attention to Aledo's opponents and quit worrying about Stephenville's opponents. I mean, once again, we are BETTER!! Finally, I totally agree with you. Aledo fans are sighing HUGE sighs of relief that their team won't see the Jackets again this year. As bad as you feel right now from the HUGE loss to the Jackets earlier this year, just think how BAD it would be if you lost again?! With that said, I hope the Bearcats have a great season!
 O0

Offline GranFan

• Junior High
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2012, 05:42:37 PM »
Hey guys! The main thing is we are all here for OUR team--SHS Yellowjackets!! And boy, did they show 'em how it's done today!?!?! GO JACKETS!  35-14 leaving the Sandies in the dust! (or mud today!)

Offline hendo

• Freshman
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »
AHS will have too many weapons for the Jackets to handle for four quarters.
AHS 17 Jacks 10

I'll give you a hint "It's going up the middle"

HaHa!!! Remember this!!? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ;D
GO JACKETS!!!!

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2012, 06:27:55 PM »
AHS will have too many weapons for the Jackets to handle for four quarters.
AHS 17 Jacks 10

I'll give you a hint "It's going up the middle"

Meh...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:32:31 PM by Ville-D »

Offline hendo

• Freshman
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2012, 06:39:44 PM »
I wonder if we will ever hear from sburd again!  ;)
GO JACKETS!!!!