Author Topic: Aledo vs. Stephenville - Part 2  (Read 11971 times)

Offline AledoFan

• Freshman
Aledo vs. Stephenville - Part 2
« on: November 29, 2010, 01:11:11 PM »
Was suprised to see the old board back up.  Could not pass up a chance to get some input from the Jacket faithful....what do you think?  How is Friday going to play out?  Looks like we are both dealing with some injuries to some key folks.

Is there anything better than Bearcat vs. Jacket football!!!!

Offline jacketfan

• Junior High
Re: Aledo vs. Stephenville - Part 2
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 03:01:01 PM »
Honestly cannot wait for this game~~Its going to be a better game than week 0 for sure!!  :D

Offline AtownBcat

• Varsity
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 10:14:21 AM »
Jacket fan....are you telling me that a jacket team with no #28 and a gimpy Edwards is a "better" team than what we played in week ???  Y'all must believe in addition by subtraction.

Offline jacketfan

• Junior High
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 11:43:10 AM »
One player does not make a team, granted he was very good, but things happen for a reason and if the kids are determined to beat Aledo than all power to them!

Offline ty

• Junior High
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 03:20:01 AM »
yep it is going to be a good game this friday am ready this friday get revenge on aledo this friday stephenville will beat aledo this friday

Offline MadMax87

• Freshman
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 10:45:57 AM »
Can anyone tell me what the story is with both running backs for both teams? I heard from different sources that Edwards and Gray are both banged up. I hate to hear that. I would love to see the game with both teams at 100% and both teams playing their best for a great game. I am a Jacket fan, but I have always enjoyed the rivalry with Aledo. Besides, a great game is a great game no matter who wins. I'm happy to see both teams playing in December.

Offline theville

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 12:46:16 PM »
Ty, is the game this Friday? O0  ;D

LOL! ;)

Offline AtownBcat

• Varsity
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 10:25:12 AM »
Gray is not 100%, and has been very limited in practice. I think he will play but not sure how much.

Offline theville

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 02:05:28 PM »
A 80% Gray is still pretty good. :)

Offline theville

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 01:59:41 AM »
Great Job guys! What a great season and the obstacles you overcame. You hung tough and proved you had the right to be on the field with a great Bearcat team.

You proved a lot of people wrong this season. Proud of you guys. Thanks Seniors! 8) :)

Offline mikeu

• Junior High
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 09:18:38 AM »
 I did not like the ref"s having three major calls on the game.....it would have been different, no doughty about it.

jackets great season, impress with game by game improvement,i am thrilled to watch you guys play,again thanks

mikeu

Offline BEAST

• Junior High
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 05:20:58 PM »
I did not like the ref"s having three major calls on the game.....it would have been different, no doughty about it.

jackets great season, impress with game by game improvement,i am thrilled to watch you guys play,again thanks

mikeu

There was a big write up in the Abilene paper the other day flat out saying The Ville was screwed out of this game.  What happened?

BEAST

Offline theville

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 09:38:46 AM »
There were just some calls that didnt go Stephenvilles way and the out come would have been way different.

After we blocked the punt and returned it for the TD, made the score 10-6 Ville.

We hold the Bearcats on 4th and Inches.

We throw a ball in the endzone to Westbrook on 4th down and he has foot down and possession of the football in the endzone. Ref calls it incomplete. Would have been 17-6, Ville.

Bishop now has the ball and on 4th and 13, Aledo scores but Bishop is clearly over the LOS. Still, a TD.

Stephenville driving and Witt Westbrook has a catch for 15 over the middle, gets hit and both knees on the ground and the ball comes out. Refs give Aledo the ball.

Thats that. The 12th man was where black and white shirts with Aledo shirts underneath. LOL! :o

Just one of those things that will haunt Stephenville for a while.

Offline MadMax87

• Freshman
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 02:49:39 PM »
I hope some people are still watching this board because I need some help. I am trying to find anywhere (link,etc...) where I can watch the Aledo versus Stephenville Quarterfinal game from this year. I have seen the pic showing the obvious touchdown that was ruled out of bounds by the moron 15 yards away but had a clear line of sight. I have been looking and looking for the game film/video but cannot find it posted anywhere. It won't change the result obviously, but I would love to watch it. I did not even get to listen to the game that night. Any help is appreciated. GO COOOGS!!!!

Offline theville

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »
Should have been Stephenville and La Marque, again. LOL! O0