Author Topic: Stidham to Announce Live on KSTV  (Read 6450 times)

Offline RadioBoots

• Junior Varsity
Stidham to Announce Live on KSTV
« on: December 18, 2014, 10:41:49 PM »
Jarrett Stidham will announce his college decision tomorrow morning (12/19/14) on KSTV FM at 9am. The web stream will turn on moments before the announcement at www.kstvfm.com or go to the smart phone app Tune In Radio by searching KSTV FM.

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
Re: Stidham to Announce Live on KSTV
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 01:20:34 AM »
Reading through all the mess on the interwebs and stumbled upon someone asking if this was the same "radio guy" who did the games when Briles was in Stephenville.  Then someone posted a link to this picture from one of Briles' books...

I always thought the rumors of hair O0 were just media propaganda.

::)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:18:51 AM by Ville-D »

Offline RadioBoots

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 09:15:58 AM »
Ahhhh hair! Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 10:10:42 AM »
Baylor it is!

Offline villejacket98

• Junior High
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 10:37:42 AM »
Big surprise.  Barefoot Recruiting, Inc.

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 10:56:59 AM »
For those that missed the live announcement you can listen to the KSTV podcast here: http://www.kstvfm.com/jarred-stidham-commitment-announcement/

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 02:16:14 PM »
Big surprise.  Barefoot Recruiting, Inc.

This was more of a case of Tech losing a recruit than it was Baylor stealing one.  Stidham is a very smart, level-headed kid who is completely capable of making a difficult decision on his own.  Kids decommit all of the time because a lot can change over the several months from the time of committment to the time coming up to signing.  Tech changed its stance on how to address their quarterback issues going into next season not to mention they were one of the worst teams in the big twelve.  This may be a very crude way to put it, but in my opinion Stidhams decommitment was made to look way worse than what it was because of a bunch of butt hurt tech fans.  Good luck Jarrett!  You will do great! 

Offline villejacket98

• Junior High
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 04:10:08 PM »
This was more of a case of Tech losing a recruit than it was Baylor stealing one.  Stidham is a very smart, level-headed kid who is completely capable of making a difficult decision on his own.  Kids decommit all of the time because a lot can change over the several months from the time of committment to the time coming up to signing.  Tech changed its stance on how to address their quarterback issues going into next season not to mention they were one of the worst teams in the big twelve.  This may be a very crude way to put it, but in my opinion Stidhams decommitment was made to look way worse than what it was because of a bunch of butt hurt tech fans.  Good luck Jarrett!  You will do great!

This was not a normal situation.  The only thing that changed with Tech's stance on the QB position was Mahomes coming in and playing well.  If competing with a true Soph in 2015 for playing time was a problem understandable.  Decommitting just a couple of days before the dead period was sorry though.  He wasn't going to bite the hand that feeds him.

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 05:18:18 PM »
Decomitting before the dead period to give himself some time to think was smart.  Making the final decision about where you are going to spend the next four years is a big deal.  I get the idea that the noble to thing to do in life is to stick to your word and so on and so fourth, but a kid changing his mind on where he wants to play football and go to school doesn't classify as a sorry thing to do in my opinion.  Now if I was a Tech fan I might think differently I guess. 

Offline roo78

• Junior High
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 06:52:22 PM »
As a parent of a D1 athlete, I feel this is the last decision a young athlete can make for themselves.  The next 4-5 years the athlete will be under incredible pressure, isolated from family and part of a big system. The high school thrills are over.  It's all business now.   The student/athlete needs to be able to make the decision that will work best for them.

Offline villejacket98

• Junior High
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 08:06:30 PM »
Roo, I couldn't agree more. I don't think Jarrett had that opportunity and it has nothing to do with a coach (of Tech or BU).

Offline jacket98,99

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 04:57:15 PM »
Didn't have the opportunity?  Why?

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 12:50:06 PM »
Didn't have the opportunity?  Why?

I Was surprised to here him say that the Briles/Stephenville connection was not a factor, in the Boots interview, because he didn't grow up in Texas and hadn't lived in Stephenville that long.  I like the kid from a fan stand point and look forward to seeing him play DI in Texas.  Where did he grow up and  is there any chance he could wind up playing in his home state where we wouldn't get a chance to see him that much.  I'm pleased to see him going to Baylor because I've got a friend that played there and we can drive down watch him play.

Offline ToddG

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 01:09:02 PM »
i think Stidham is a better passer than President and Seth Russell, it all depends on how fast he learns the Baylor offense scheme.

Offline refereedoc

• MVP
  • Varsity
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 05:59:56 PM »
I Was surprised to here him say that the Briles/Stephenville connection was not a factor, in the Boots interview, because he didn't grow up in Texas and hadn't lived in Stephenville that long.  I like the kid from a fan stand point and look forward to seeing him play DI in Texas.  Where did he grow up and  is there any chance he could wind up playing in his home state where we wouldn't get a chance to see him that much.  I'm pleased to see him going to Baylor because I've got a friend that played there and we can drive down watch him play.

I thought that was a bizarre statement. He moved here from Kentucky when he was 9 in the 3rd grade. Unless math has changed, he has leaved here 9 years. I am not sure what he considers not from here. Lol
He is a good kid that is finally starting to think for himself. He needed to go where HE thought he had the best chance to succeed.