Author Topic: Hello from Lake Dallas  (Read 19930 times)

Offline LakeDallasFan

• Junior High
Hello from Lake Dallas
« on: November 20, 2011, 07:55:19 PM »
Hey guys, nice little set up you've got here.

In this thread I'd like for me to gain some information on y'all and vis a versa. I'll start. Lake Dallas is led by senior QB Dalyn Williams. He's got some D1 offers from Rice and some service academies. He's a D1 talent but his size (6') is the only thing holding him back. He's a true dual threat QB, great arm and great running ability. The offense revolves around him. Standing beside him is Stanford commit Dontonio Jordan. He's a RB, but is mostly used in the passing game. Lake Dallas has arguably the best offense in the area. Why? Because Dalyn has 5 play makers that he can throw the ball to at any time. There is not one person the defense can key on. The best WR out of the 5 is probably Ferrando Joseph, he catches anything that comes his way and is very physical after the catch. The O-Line is led by veterans that usually give Dalyn plenty of time.

Defensively, the starting D has given up only 7 points in the last 2 game. Granted, they were inferior opponents. They started the season slow but have formed to become a solid group.

What do we need to know about you?

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
Re: Hello from Lake Dallas
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 08:53:58 PM »
Glad to have you LDF,  Tell all your friends to join in the conversation.

I've seen your team play and #10 is a good player.  There seems to be a lot of weight on his shoulders. He looks to be the key to stopping your powerful offense.

About us.

We have a good Defense.
We average about 450yards a game.
Very balanced offense.
Good QB
Good WR's
Good RB's
Great Special Teams
Loud Fans
We had a few struggles weeks 7-9, but now have that corrected
Lost one of our best athletes in week 3, but found him last week
Beat the 2 time defending state chumps in week 0

We work hard and play hard.  ;D

O0
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:22:15 AM by Ville-D »

Offline LakeDallasFan

• Junior High
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:19:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Any players to keep a watch on? Any D1 attention?

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 11:10:40 PM »
Aiavion Edwards #24 is a D1 commit to Baylor to play DB.  He currently plays RB for us.

He is #25 on this list:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/Baylor/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2899
That makes him #4 in Texas...

O0
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 11:26:25 PM by Ville-D »

Offline Acat123

• Varsity
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 10:10:56 AM »
Glad to have you LDF,  Tell all your friends to join in the conversation.

I've seen your team play and #10 is a good player.  He seems to be a lot of weight on his shoulders. He looks to be the key to stopping your powerful offense.

About us.

We have a good Defense.
We average about 450yards a game.
Very balanced offense.
Good QB
Good WR's
Good RB's
Great Special Teams
Loud Fans
We had a few struggles weeks 7-9, but now have that corrected
Lost one of our best athletes in week 3, but found him last week
Beat the 2 time defending state chumps in week 0

We work hard and play hard.  ;D

O0

You forgot to tell him that the only way you ever lose is when the refs make bad calls against you.  Show him some of the pictures .
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:18:51 AM by Acat123 »

Offline OLDJACKETDAD

• Freshman
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 12:42:38 PM »
Those are such candid moments????  No Pun intended.... Yes it was.  This years tickets are in my scrapbook.  Priceless....

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 02:53:08 PM »
Those are such candid moments????  No Pun intended.... Yes it was.  This years tickets are in my scrapbook.  Priceless....

I don't understand why in the world anybody would want to keep memorabilia from a season ending loss?

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 10:49:34 PM »
Midway kicked our butt this year just like they did last year.  I said we had a stretch of bad play.  No one ever complained about any bad calls against Midway.

We beat Aledo in week 0 and all they want to talk about are last years games and how some people from Stephenville were upset because of a few bad calls in the Quarter Finals.  It hurts to loose and looking back at everything that could have been done differently or called differently is frustrating for fans who honestly have very little influence on the outcome of the game.  When people are frustrated they look for a place to vent that frustration and that comes across as whining.

Unfortunately both Aledo and Stephenville have to win one more game before we can get our QF rematch.  I wish your team luck LDF, but we have been playing all year to get to week 16 and we've got a few more obstacles in our way.

Sorry the rats from Aledo hijacked your thread, if you hang around long enough you find that they do that.  There are only a couple of then that are worth a plug nickle anyway...

Aledo fans do you feel like there were any calls in week 0 that swung the into Stephenville's favor and helped them earn the victory?

O0

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 12:43:14 AM »
"Rats from Aledo".  "Rats from Aledo", REALLY?  Now that's classy.  That's about as classy as the picture ya'll had printed on your game one tickets.  Did the School Board approve that picture.  How bout the Superintendent or the Principal?  Maybe coach G?  Who ever it was should have been disciplined and required to issue an apology to the fans of Aledo in the Community News.   Was that supposed to be a slam on Aledo?  Aledo didn't do anything wrong so that must have been a slam on the officials because some fans didn't like the call so why not send a picture to them.  I've never seen a pictorial message printed on a ticket, have you?  I believe some of those ticket stubs now live on Aledo's message board. 

While you're telling LDF about the butt kicking you took from Midway why don't you also tell him that Waco beat Midway by 2 points and Mansfield Summit beat Waco by 15 and Aledo beat Summit by 36 points and at the same time Stephenville was beating the fourth place team out of Aledo's district 42 - 14, a team that Aledo beat 50 - 7 with their starters out in the third quarter.

Ville-D, if resorting to calling the fans of a rival team names and printing pictures on HS game tickets slamming the referees makes you feel better, hey, knock yourself out.  By the way are ya'll going to print a picture on your next year's ticket if LD beats your butt? 

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 01:18:58 AM »
Wow 76, I didn't realize you were so sensitive.  Those tickets must have really gotten to you.  I guess I could try to pull some strings and see if I could get someone to put an official apology together for you...  I'll see what I can do.

Hope you get some sleep tonight you seem a little worked up.  You and Atown weren't hanging out together were y'all?

"Rats from Aledo".  "Rats from Aledo", REALLY?  Now that's classy.  That's about as classy as the picture ya'll had printed on your game one tickets.  Did the School Board approve that picture.  How bout the Superintendent or the Principal?  Maybe coach G?  Who ever it was should have been disciplined and required to issue an apology to the fans of Aledo in the Community News.   Was that supposed to be a slam on Aledo?  Aledo didn't do anything wrong so that must have been a slam on the officials because some fans didn't like the call so why not send a picture to them.  I've never seen a pictorial message printed on a ticket, have you?  I believe some of those ticket stubs now live on Aledo's message board. 

While you're telling LDF about the butt kicking you took from Midway why don't you also tell him that Waco beat Midway by 2 points and Mansfield Summit beat Waco by 15 and Aledo beat Summit by 36 points and at the same time Stephenville was beating the fourth place team out of Aledo's district 42 - 14, a team that Aledo beat 50 - 7 with their starters out in the third quarter.

Ville-D, if resorting to calling the fans of a rival team names and printing pictures on HS game tickets slamming the referees makes you feel better, hey, knock yourself out.  By the way are ya'll going to print a picture on your next year's ticket if LD beats your butt?

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 01:24:51 AM »
Is that the best answer you can come up with.  Sounds like Obama side stepping questions.  That picture on a ticket to a HS event did seem some what inappropriate.  Who OK'ed that?  What was it's meaning?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:29:04 AM by Old 76 »

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 01:50:09 AM »
Let me try to explain this... I guess I could try to draw you a picture here, but those seem to really get you worked up.

All of our tickets this year have pictures of players making big plays from the previous year.  Someone believed that was a great catch made by one of our athletes (I believe one of your aleda comrades refereed to him as "not the sharpest knife in the drawer" - real classy) and that it should be put on the week 0 ticket.

Since you have such a burr up your...  about this then I suggest you call the SHS athletic department and get to the bottom of this controversy.

O0

I've got some inside info on your two backs...One has been given the nickname "flower" because he is delicate like a flower. The other is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and probably doesn't remember the game from last year.

This post was edited on 11/13 12:46 PM by AtownBcat

Is that the best answer you can come up with.  Sounds like Obama side stepping questions.  That picture on a ticket to a HS event did seem some what inappropriate.  Who OK'ed that?  What was it's meaning?

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 09:48:30 AM »
Old 76 needs to change his feminine product. You are the one sounding like one of them Libs making a mountain out of a mole hill. I am sorry you're so butt hurt over a damn ticket.

Offline Acat123

• Varsity
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 10:03:31 AM »
Ville-D

I have been trying to be real quite the last couple of weeks.  I know you guys must be nervous,when you look back at your season and know you could have lost 4 more games real easy like and  now its lose and go home time.  But when you call the 2 time defending state CHAMPS, chumps, you just know I have to say something.

As for as the pictures go,I think it's great.  In a couple of weeks you can get all dressed up in your win 5 shirts, take your pictures to look at,and head for the gym for some hot Jacket basketball!!!!   Who knows it could happen this week, LD may know the refs!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:05:12 AM by Acat123 »

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 10:16:44 AM »
Why did no one from Aleda ever respond to these questions?  I posted them after our week 0 victory.  I still would like to have a response...

To the thread that probably will not die for a long time.

First, I'm new to the boards and I am as big of a Jacket homer as they come.

The game Friday night was about as close as it could have been.  Both teams have to go back on the practice field and work out all of the kinks that surfaced in the game.  Unless something crazy happens I see the winner of this match-up when they meet in the playoffs going on tho win the state championship in 4A.

From the outside looking in Buchanan seems to me to love to gamble - (examples: overtime in playoffs 2 years ago going for it on 4th down; going for it in last years playoffs and last Friday a number of times on 4th down; going for the 2 pint conversion for the win instead of the tie last Friday night).  He coaches his team like he is playing a game of Madden 12.  But...  with the talent he has at his disposal, why not?  It has worked for the past 2 years.

Is this how he has coached over his whole career?  Will he continue to play this way?  Will he enter the World Series of Poker $10k Main Event to feed his gambling adrenaline rush?

Your thoughts?

On what edwards09 is saying...  there were many blown plays on the Jacket side that could have drastically changed the outcome of the game, BUT there were also a few plays on the Bearcat side of the ball that could have changed the final out come too.

These are just my thoughts, hopefully you can see this from both sides.

I can't wait until we meet again.  Who knows maybe edwards09 will get his 20 point wish  ::)

Good luck Aledo, I hope you are undefeated from here on...  until we meet again in the playoffs.

I need more of Jones  8) to Gunter  O0 !!!!

From here: http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=500.msg2624#msg2624

O0
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:18:37 AM by Ville-D »