Author Topic: Reminder  (Read 4574 times)

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
Reminder
« on: October 31, 2014, 01:18:15 PM »
This site is privately owned by me. It is a rah rah site for the positive promotion of Stephenville football b/c that is the way I want it to be. There are plenty of other sites to post your "opinions" on how things should or shouldn't be done. If I feel a post or thread is going the wrong direction then I will send it to the long pile of deleted threads that have proceeded it.

Thank you,

Cody Derrick

Offline Kitty Kat

• Junior High
Re: Reminder
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 01:47:02 PM »
So let me see if I got this correct. Here on this site it is by the book so you look good in everyones eyes. Yet on other sites you can critique and scrutinize and play the blame game also. Kind of a double standard isn't it??????

Offline ToddG

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:46:54 PM »
So let me see if I got this correct. Here on this site it is by the book so you look good in everyones eyes. Yet on other sites you can critique and scrutinize and play the blame game also. Kind of a double standard isn't it??????

I have never seen Cody post anything negative on other sites regarding the Jackets or any other team..he has always posted his opinions backed by facts and not negative hearsay!!

Offline ccmom

• Junior High
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 02:52:29 PM »

Seems to me he is saying "I pay the bills and I make the rules"...which makes perfect sense to me!!  His house, his rules. 

Offline ccmom

• Junior High
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 02:54:14 PM »
I have never seen Cody post anything negative on other sites regarding the Jackets or any other team..he has always posted his opinions backed by facts and not negative hearsay!!

Agreed. 

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 02:56:28 PM »

Thank you for your opinion.

The only other football site I post on a consistent basis is TexasDownLow formerly 3ADownLow. So I assume that is "other sites" you are referring too. My username on there is "sville". They have an excellent search feature. You can look up every post I have made on there since 2008.

I also have a Facebook page associated with this site. It is Stephenville Yellow Jackets. People can post their thoughts and opinions there as well, but it does not have anonymity of this message board.

Offline Kitty Kat

• Junior High
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 06:45:44 AM »
Didn't say I disagree. Your site your rules point taken.

My "opinion" is like assholes everybody has one and they all stink at sometime or another.

I just asked if it was a double standard. Ive seen your posts on downlow/ old coach etc as well as others. You HAVE questioned coaches decisions, you HAVE let your "opinions" be known that there could be better decisions made and the defense or offense could play better. Yes some of these comments got out of hand and yes it totally your decision on what or who gets deleted but my "opinion" was simply a question. Is it a double standard or not that you can do it on other boards but your members here cannot.

My personal opinion is the same as yours people hide behind user names on the boards and become armchair experts. Check my posts on here or any other board. You wont find a negative comment anywhere. You guys and gals are the ones that got defensive about a simple question. Enjoy your board and your rules!

Offline PLOWBOY1470

• Freshman
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 08:05:33 AM »
i think the O line does an awesome job!!!!!! Without them stars would not shine.

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 11:39:02 AM »
I just got back from the deer stand. I didn't get anything.

For those that have been with me since the beginning of this site in 2003 will remember I used to let all comments stand. It got downright nasty at times on here. It would get very divided at times. Since I am the owner/administrator and accessible, I would get flak from all angles for allowing the negativity. I decided it was not constructive for this site and started running it the way I do now. It is a place for information and positive promotion of the program.

There are plenty of other sites for people to say their piece. I just ask that the members think of it as my yard during a political race. I may agree or disagree with your views but that doesn't mean I want you putting your "sign" in my yard. There are places already established to do that. Just not here. I think that is a fair enough reason.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 11:49:56 AM by Cody »

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 05:38:22 PM »

For those that have been with me since the beginning of this site in 2003 will remember I used to let all comments stand. It got downright nasty at times on here. It would get very divided at times. Since I am the owner/administrator and accessible, I would get flak from all angles for allowing the negativity. I decided it was not constructive for this site and started running it the way I do now. It is a place for information and positive promotion of the program.

There are plenty of other sites for people to say their piece. I just ask that the members think of it as my yard during a political race. I may agree or disagree with your views but that doesn't mean I want you putting your "sign" in my yard. There are places already established to do that. Just not here. I think that is a fair enough reason.

Cody, if you'd remove the comment on The Old Coach about Bearcats being sh#t eatin possums then I agree with everything you say.  Deal?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:41:06 PM by Old 76 »

Offline VilleDeal

• Junior High
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 12:47:40 AM »
what we need is one more kitty kat and then we could ..........

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 01:26:55 AM »
what we need is one more kitty kat and then we could ..........

?

Offline beekeeperdad

• Freshman
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 01:43:09 PM »

I'm guessing it just isn't clear to some. This site is titled "Stephenville Yellow Jackets", not "Lets talk about football and other teams" in general. Some sites are set up for that purpose and posting will reflect that. To me this site is for talking Stephenville football and all aspects that surround Stephenville football.