Author Topic: Hello from Lake Dallas  (Read 20015 times)

Offline aledofanalso

• Junior Varsity
Re: Hello from Lake Dallas
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 12:31:05 PM »
Wow, you guys need to stay respectful.  The Bearcats and Jackets are well coached and hard hitting.  No one loses any of the many games between us because of poor coaching or lack of effort.  Both teams have first class programs.  Neither likes to lose.

Since this thread is about Lake Dallas, lets look at the stats:

Lake Dallas has the 13th highest scoring offense in 4A (43ppg allowed) and the defense is rated at #102 (25 ppg allowed).  That makes the margin of victory 18 ppg which ranks them 30th in the state.

Stephenville has the 14th highest scoring offense in 4A (41 ppg) and the defense is rated at #72 (22 ppg allowed).  That makes the margin of victory 19 ppg which ranks them 26th in the state.

The strength of schedule slightly favors the Jackets.  Both teams are on a roll.  I think that it will be close and that the better defense will prevail with a narrow victory (4 points).

Offline Ville-D

• Administrator
  • All-State
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 01:20:16 PM »
Read that again... I never said he was a bad coach.  I asked if he was always a gambler... or is that is just how he has played the past few years.

Man you guys must have your cycles synchronized over there...  sensitive bearrat fans.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 02:38:45 PM by Ville-D »

Offline AtownBcat

• Varsity
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 01:21:27 PM »
Hang on just a second...how did I get drug into this???

I'm not sure why 76 is upset about the tickets...I thought it was great to have a incomplete pass like that featured.

Cody comes out swinging....lol

Offline AtownBcat

• Varsity
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 01:25:55 PM »
Ville-D, to answer your question yes he has always been a river boat gambler. He has just had the players to pull it off the last few seasons. I could list you several examples of when it didn't go our way pre '09.

Offline beekeeperdad

• Freshman
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 01:49:27 PM »
"Rats from Aledo".  "Rats from Aledo", REALLY?  Now that's classy.  That's about as classy as the picture ya'll had printed on your game one tickets.  Did the School Board approve that picture.  How bout the Superintendent or the Principal?  Maybe coach G?  Who ever it was should have been disciplined and required to issue an apology to the fans of Aledo in the Community News.   Was that supposed to be a slam on Aledo?  Aledo didn't do anything wrong so that must have been a slam on the officials because some fans didn't like the call so why not send a picture to them.  I've never seen a pictorial message printed on a ticket, have you?  I believe some of those ticket stubs now live on Aledo's message board. 
 While you're telling LDF about the butt kicking you took from Midway why don't you also tell him that Waco beat Midway by 2 points and Mansfield Summit beat Waco by 15 and Aledo beat Summit by 36 points and at the same time Stephenville was beating the fourth place team out of Aledo's district 42 - 14, a team that Aledo beat 50 - 7 with their starters out in the third quarter.

Ville-D, if resorting to calling the fans of a rival team names and printing pictures on HS game tickets slamming the referees makes you feel better, hey, knock yourself out.  By the way are ya'll going to print a picture on your next year's ticket if LD beats your butt?

What are you whining about. That was just a picture of a touchdown catch.

Offline hat42

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 02:55:03 PM »
It was one of the greatest catches i have ever seen but you need to be in bounds for them to count, close but close only counts in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what was it ?

Offline LONGHORNJACKET

• Freshman
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 07:59:42 PM »
this is getting interesting.  :o

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 08:01:50 PM »
Why did no one from Aleda ever respond to these questions?  I posted them after our week 0 victory.  I still would like to have a response...

From here: http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=500.msg2624#msg2624

O0

Sorry D.  Let me see If I can help.  Yes.  Yes.  I have no idea.

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 08:10:10 PM »
Wow 76, I didn't realize you were so sensitive.  Those tickets must have really gotten to you.  I guess I could try to pull some strings and see if I could get someone to put an official apology together for you...  I'll see what I can do.

Hope you get some sleep tonight you seem a little worked up.  You and Atown weren't hanging out together were y'all?

Sessitive?  Me?  Go back and read post #6 and tell me what part of what I wrote set you off on the "Midway kicked our butt" rant.

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 08:38:26 PM »
Let me try to explain this... I guess I could try to draw you a picture here, but those seem to really get you worked up.

All of our tickets this year have pictures of players making big plays from the previous year.  Someone believed that was a great catch made by one of our athletes (I believe one of your aleda comrades refereed to him as "not the sharpest knife in the drawer" - real classy) and that it should be put on the week 0 ticket.

Since you have such a burr up your...  about this then I suggest you call the SHS athletic department and get to the bottom of this controversy.

O0

Oh I see.  It was just a coincidence that the picture of an incomplete pass appeared on the ticket for the Aledo game.  Wouldn't have meant much if it would have been on say, the Brownwood ticket.  Curious, what picture from last year was on the Brownwood ticket?

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 08:51:26 PM »
Old 76 needs to change his feminine product. You are the one sounding like one of them Libs making a mountain out of a mole hill. I am sorry you're so butt hurt over a damn ticket.

Ahhhhhhh, the Cotexdy chimes in.  Still got that can of "Whoop Azz" you were goin to open up on the Bearcats year before last?  Probably dried up by now huh?

Offline LakeDallasFan

• Junior High
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 09:10:58 PM »
Sorry for interrupting, but how do you pronounce 'Aiavion?'

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »
Wow, you guys need to stay respectful.  The Bearcats and Jackets are well coached and hard hitting.  No one loses any of the many games between us because of poor coaching or lack of effort.  Both teams have first class programs.  Neither likes to lose.

Since this thread is about Lake Dallas, lets look at the stats:

Lake Dallas has the 13th highest scoring offense in 4A (43ppg allowed) and the defense is rated at #102 (25 ppg allowed).  That makes the margin of victory 18 ppg which ranks them 30th in the state.

Stephenville has the 14th highest scoring offense in 4A (41 ppg) and the defense is rated at #72 (22 ppg allowed).  That makes the margin of victory 19 ppg which ranks them 26th in the state.

The strength of schedule slightly favors the Jackets.  Both teams are on a roll.  I think that it will be close and that the better defense will prevail with a narrow victory (4 points).

"Stay respectful?"  Yeah, that's always a lot of fun.  Kumbaya!  This ain't for the coaches or the players, it's for homers that like to brag about their teams beatin each other and it's been goin on a long, long time.  I like your numbers but they mean about as much as BCS rankings!  Join in ;D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:28:05 PM by Old 76 »

Offline CanFan

• Junior High
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 09:38:44 PM »
TO LAKEDALLASFAN:  Edwards' name is pronounced A-vee-on.  (Had to squeeze that in here between all the mud slinging.)

Offline Old 76

• All-State
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 10:22:26 PM »
What are you whining about. That was just a picture of a touchdown catch.

Not whining, ell, we won!  ;D