Author Topic: Alvarado Star Article  (Read 1981 times)

Offline refereedoc

• MVP
  • Varsity
Alvarado Star Article
« on: October 17, 2012, 01:36:14 PM »
Jackets', Indians meet in District 7-3A showdown
RICKY MOORE
Posted:   10/16/2012 02:28:20 PM CDT

Chances are the district title will be on the line when Alvarado hosts Stephenville (5-1, 1-0) at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Charles Head Stadium.

“They have a strong tradition,” Dixon said. “They don’t have many holes in their game. If they were in
Class 4A they would be a legitimate contender for state and many believe they could contend for state in Class 5A.”

Despite all the praise Dixon has for the Yellow Jackets he said his team won’t be intimidated.

“We are building a tradition here also,” Dixon said. “They are one of the most explosive teams offensively at any level. But I feel if we play like we are capable of playing, we can frustrate them.”

The key for the Indians offensively will be moving the ball and controlling the clock.

On defense, Alvarado must find a way to slow the Jackets and limit big plays.

Offline ToddG

• Junior Varsity
Re: Alvarado Star Article
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 02:39:42 PM »
Jackets', Indians meet in District 7-3A showdown
RICKY MOORE
Posted:   10/16/2012 02:28:20 PM CDT

Chances are the district title will be on the line when Alvarado hosts Stephenville (5-1, 1-0) at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Charles Head Stadium.

“They have a strong tradition,” Dixon said. “They don’t have many holes in their game. If they were in
Class 4A they would be a legitimate contender for state and many believe they could contend for state in Class 5A.”

Despite all the praise Dixon has for the Yellow Jackets he said his team won’t be intimidated.

“We are building a tradition here also,” Dixon said. “They are one of the most explosive teams offensively at any level. But I feel if we play like we are capable of playing, we can frustrate them.”

The key for the Indians offensively will be moving the ball and controlling the clock.

On defense, Alvarado must find a way to slow the Jackets and limit big plays.

is there something controversial about this article or are you just pointing out that Coach Dixon is a class individual who has respect for the yellowjacket program?

Offline refereedoc

• MVP
  • Varsity
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 02:44:01 PM »
The later, just information for everyone to read.

Offline JacketFanToo

• Freshman
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 03:55:24 PM »
Good article but I was amused that coach said frustrate them instead of saying if we play our game then we have a chance to win.

Offline Ville

• Freshman
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »
Yeah i had to COPY and put that on 3A downlow. Ville UP.

Offline hendo

• Freshman
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 05:30:03 PM »
Good article but I was amused that coach said frustrate them instead of saying if we play our game then we have a chance to win.

It frustrates me when I get bit by a masquito but it still ends up dead.
GO JACKETS!!!!

Offline defense51

• Junior High
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 07:30:43 PM »
Sometimes that mosquito unsuspectingly Carries West Nile, and the person ends up six feet under. You never know...