Poll

Who wins?

Stephenville
 50 (83.3%)
Kilgore
 10 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: #3 Stephenville 11-1 vs. #11 Kilgore 11-1  (Read 32118 times)

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
#3 Stephenville 11-1 vs. #11 Kilgore 11-1
« on: December 01, 2012, 08:22:42 PM »
This looks like a good matchup. We had a good crowd last Friday and lets bring an even bigger one this Friday. They need your support. This team has a very good shot at advancing to their first state championship since 1999. The weather looks great, Mansfield not far, and the stadium is super nice.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 11:44:45 PM by Cody »

Offline shellj22

• Junior High
Kilgore team
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 09:54:38 PM »
So tell us about the kilgore team; strength of schedule and what kind of offense do they run, would be good info;

Offline Cody

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • All-State
Re: Kilgore team
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 10:26:36 PM »
Cody's Corner will be up Monday and tell you everything you want know about Kilgore. Think Everman from 2008 but not as good on offense.

Offline Gsquared

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 01:41:40 PM »
The QB Coldiron is as really good runner.  Pretty solid defense led by an outstanding linebacker.  That said, Wylie is a touchdown to 10 points better than Kilgore.  Jackets take this one

Offline ToddG

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
Coldiron also plays safety on defense i think..if thats the case, after a half of chasing jacket recievers,he probably wont be a very effective runner on offense in the 2nd half..this game will not be as close as some folks think..and im thinkin not close from the get go!! i took a puff from the peace pipe and blew the smoke up toward the flame, and it said 56-12 Stephenvilke.

Offline JR88

• Junior High
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 03:47:59 PM »
Before you get ahead of yourself, Coldiron played safety last year. Just QB this year. And Stephenville won't get near as many possessions as usual. Kilgore's d-line will wear out Stephenville's o-line. Team with the ball last wins.

Offline ToddG

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 04:28:58 PM »
Before you get ahead of yourself, Coldiron played safety last year. Just QB this year. And Stephenville won't get near as many possessions as usual. Kilgore's d-line will wear out Stephenville's o-line. Team with the ball last wins.

if Aledo's D-Line couldnt wear the Jacket O-Line out..what makes you think the Bulldogs can? the O-Line for S'ville has been consistantly good all year against some very good defensive fronts..i really dont see that changing, they have been a strength..not a weakness.
Kilgore's offense better be able to push the ball upfield with the pass consistantly to go along with running the ball to have a realistic chance of winning this game..and will have to do that for 4 qtrs...the Jackets will.

Offline diversion

• Junior High
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »
I have to agree with JR88.  Coldiron will be too much for Stpenville to overcome on offense and many on K's D-line will go D-1.  Kilgore by 8.

Offline hsfootball

• Varsity
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 08:16:10 PM »
Love the visitors. Welcome. We totally understand Kilgore is good. Dang good. Wouldn't be in the semi's if not. Honor the thoughts of Kilgore shutting down Stephenville's offense because you maybe a fan of Kikgore. But to make those claims, what information can you give to base it on? Stephenville has played plenty of good to great defenses all season. Defenses that had big fast and strong D-linemen to great D1 talented LB's. Speed is not a factor. Stephenville executes so fast the defense is usually chasing from behind. Fast tempo and very disciplined. I think this has been a huge asset for Stephenville's success this postseason. The discipline has been much improved and they don't make many mistakes. If Kilgore is prone to turning the ball over, it's going to be a very long night for the Bulldogs. If they play their best game of the season turnover free, I think they will have a shot.

Offline 84dive

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 12:51:55 AM »
Jackets by 21.. Sorry folks, after enduring 3 quarter final losses for the past 3 years to halloween town.....THIS IS THEIR TIME, THEY WONT BE DENIED..84 HAS SPOKEN ...MARK THAT DOWN IN YOUR BIG CHIEF TABLET!!!!

Offline 84dive

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 01:03:06 AM »
I know what state championship teams look like. Been around one for 3 yrs ..Sville has that look. Peaking at the right time. Got plenty of money if someone disagrees

Offline 80dog

• Junior High
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »
i know that Kilgore has only one or two that may play a few plays both ways. Coldiron strictly QB.

Offline jason

• Varsity
    • Stephenville Computers
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 09:22:02 AM »
I have to agree with JR88.  Coldiron will be too much for Stpenville to overcome on offense and many on K's D-line will go D-1.  Kilgore by 8.

stephenville has scored virtually every possession in the post-season.
if kilgore forces a punt, they can consider that a moral victory while they're pumping up the basketballs...

Offline hsfootball

• Varsity
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 12:52:23 PM »
Stephenville hasn't been forced to punt in the post season, have they?

Offline RadioBoots

• Junior Varsity
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 01:07:36 PM »
One punt each versus Burnet and Kennedale. None versus Wylie.